[Evolution] any way to get an LDAP address book to display all contacts by default?

Good news, I was able to get Evolution 2.8.1 on Ubuntu Edgy 6.10
configured and working with the LDAP address book for my tuffmail.com
account.

Am curious if there's any way to configure Evolution to display all the
contacts from an LDAP address book by default.  (*without* having to
enter a search query).

Or maybe there is a simple search query that will show all entries?

Also, according to the Evolution User Guide, " If you change any LDAP
address book configurations, Evolution and the Evolution Data Server
need to be restarted in order to see the changes."

Anyone know how to kick over the evolution-data-server?  I tried sending
a kill HUP to the data server process, which I believe is the one pasted
below...

7771 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.8
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_DataServer_InterfaceCheck
--oaf-ior-fd=37

....but no dice.

Also could not find any scripts in /etc/init.d/ that could be used to
restart the evolution data server.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated!

Regards,
Seth