Re: [Evolution] OT: bold fonts in Evolution on Mac

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 19:07 -0500, Zbigniew Chajecki wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry that my question is off-topic but I couldn't find a quick
answer on google and I suppose someone might have a similar problem and
knows how to fix it.
I did an auto update of X11 on my Mac (1.4) today and after that I lost
bold fonts in my Evolution. I suppose it has nothing to do with
evolution but rather with gtk.
What puzzles me is that I haven't changed my .gktrc-2.0 file
that includes only the following line
gtk-font-name = "Bitstream Vera Sans 12"
This font worked fine before but now it is gone (well, at least bold
style)

Unfortunately, that update included corrupt X11 Vera fonts-- it's also
biting OpenOffice users:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=185725

Assuming you backed-up before you did the upgrade (always wise),
copying /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/Vera*.ttf over from your backup
should fix it.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group