Re: [Evolution] delay when sending mail

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 14:22 -0700, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
It is SMTP sending mechanism. SMTP server is on corporate intranet with
a good response time. I could understand that the time while a message
stays in Outbox is actually consumed by the process of establishing SMTP
connection, but then it's the slowest one I ever seen among other mail
clients. Therefore, I still believe that Evolution does not try to send
a message immediately. How is it done internally? Is there a sort of
timer based poll for messages in Outbox or some other reason for the
delay?

That almost sounds like the SMTP server is doing an ident lookup on you.

No, it's one of the corporate servers not requiring authentication. This
is why I stat thinking that the delay is due to Evolution
implementation.