Re: [Evolution] Synchronising mailboxes

On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 14:50 +1200, Eustace, Glen wrote:
I have several copies of Evolution 2.6 (FC5) accessing the same IMAP
mailbox i.e. 2 desktops at two different locations and a laptop. Is
there any way of making Evolution stay in sync. I don't know whether
this is an IMAP issue or an Evolution one (I suspect the latter).  I
can
delete message on one copy of Evo, then 'Empty Trash' but the other
copies of Evo never seem to 'notice' the deletion unless I stop and
start them, then all of the deleted messages disappear.

This is just Evo's aggressive caching. If you switch to another folder
and then back again, you should find that the deleted messages
disappear. AFAIK there's no other way of forcing Evo to resynch with the
server (other than restarting it, which you've already discovered :-).

In fact even Send/Receive will not do it, which I for one consider a
mistake. After all, if the user has explicitly indicated he's willing to
wait for a potentially slow operation, why not take the opportunity of
resynching even if there's no new mail?

poc