Re: [Evolution] Long Lines - No Word Wrap

I have a formatting issue I cannot figure out.   About half of the
time when I reply or forward an email, the body of the original text
loses its word wrap and becomes one very long line per paragraph..
needless to say this makes following the entire thread a difficult
proposition.

Note - this happens whether I reply/forward Inline or Quoted.

In the compose window, select "Normal" from the paragraph formatting
drop-down list on the format bar (i.e. between the "Ssubject:" field and
the text area). The selection "Preformat" causes the lines not being
word-rapped. Please note: You have to be in the paragraph whose
formatting you want to change (or just select the whole message body
with ctrl+a and then change the paragraph formatting to "Normal").

Very true. :)

Note though, that this happens only for mails you received, that have
been formatted like that. I do see this too, but rarely only. It really
depends on the formatting of the mail you're replying to.

BTW, I would like to have "Normal" as a standard paragraph setting for
inlined/quoted messages in replies/forwardings, too. Is there any
possibilities to change this??

IMHO, this would be wrong. Every Reply adds 2 chars to the lines width.
Thus, wrapping lines at the same width as the text you are writing will
lead to single words, dangling off and ending up in a line by its own.
For example, the part of the original post in this reply already is 4
chars longer...

As for your own text -- Evo sure defaults to Normal (with word wrap) for
everything you type.

...guenther