[Evolution] Evolution has problems and potential; please concentrate on fixing bugs for a while

Hi all,

This is my first post here on the mailing list. I've been posting
bugreports in Bugzilla until now, but because I think Evolution has some
serious problems I'd also like to discuss with the Evolution developers
via this mailing list.

To be honest, I think Evolution is seriously broken. This -
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&product=Evolution&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&emailassigned_to1=1&emailreporter1=1&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=svloon%40xs4all.nl&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
 - is my list of most annoying bugs. Especially the fact that the delete button doesn't work in the trash
(you to use "Expunge" which is a less familiar term and is harder to access, no button in the interface) is
such an enormously obvious and critical bug that it makes me wonder how this ever came through Evolution's
testing. What worries me even more is that these bugs I linked to are quite old. Especially #213072, 5 years
old. At the current speed, I'm worried that they still won't be fixed in 2.8.

I saw a thread about Evolution on the Ubuntu Forums, too -
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=36530 - I think it's alarming
that a lot of users are switching to Thunderbird because Evolution has
so much problems.

While I'm very critical of Evolution, I still think that it's a
reasonable PIM application. I'd like to thank the developers for their
work. Evolution has potential to be a great PIM instead of just a
reasonable one, but the truckloads of bugs, the rough edges and lack of
usability are preventing that.

So, my request is, maybe the developers should focus more on fixing bugs
and fine-tuning the existing functionality instead of implementing new
features?

Greetings,
Sander van Loon