Re: [Evolution] Connecting to WebCal calendars - have I got the right format?

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 20:32 -0400, Don Levey wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 22:33 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

You can publish ICAL files using various protocols, but it's not
'automatic' in that you have to click on Actions->Publish.  You can use
a CalDAV server though and that is dynamically updated - but you then
have to find a CalDAV compatible server!  (I use the OSAF suite and it
seems to work fine)

Pete, thanks for the info and please bear with me on this...

The eventual goal is for both my wife and I to maintain a central
calendar of our appointments and commitments, and for the kids.  I'm
trying to standardise on Evolution if at all possible.  What I'd like to
be able to do is for each of us to be able to enter appointments on our
own computers, using the Evolution local calendar.  Evolution will allow
us to publish free/busy information to a central location on a regular
basis (daily) as well as manually.  Since the calendars will overlay, we
can view the central calendar as well as local, make changes to local,
and have them update central.

I can host the ICAL file myself, but it looks like I'll need server
software to make updates possible.

Yes, Evolution does not support sharing calendars via WebDAV, at this
time. I shouldn't be too hard to add, but it would require a volunteer I
guess.

It sounds like the CalDAV (is this like WebDAV?) would allow me to skip
the publishing step and just maintain the central file - is that
correct?  If so, that would be even easier.  OSAF has something called
"Chandler"; is that what you're referring to?  If so, I can try to
install that on my server and access via Evolution.

Actually, Cosmo is the CalDAV server. But it is part of the same
project.

CalDAV is indeed like WebDAV. It is WebDAV with a number of calendar
specific extensions.

./borup