Re: [Evolution] evolution causes disk to spin constantly

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 12:01 -0700, John Stile wrote:
I solved my own problem.
Cause:
  I had a big folder (>100,000 messages) on an Exchange server,
  which constantly got more mail from and active mailing list,
  and filter run re-counted the folder, which took too long.
  New mail would arrive before the re-count could complete,
  and the process would repeat.
Fix:
  Now filter moves mail to a Unix IMAP server, and I don't see the
problem (for now).