Re: [Evolution] Reply to List not Newsgroup

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 13:51 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
I don't see the "Newsgroups" line in the headers of my other mailing
lists. I'm trying to work with the people on that list to understand
what is going on, but I'm not really getting anywhere.

I use this same account and client for all my mailing lists, so I don't
think it's an evolution "problem". But, I was hoping someone here could
shed light on it for me.

Thanks,
James

Figured out what was happening. The mailing list is including a line in
the header that specifies a newsgroup and it comes before the other
address lines. So when I hit Reply Evo is picking that up first. The
worst part about it is that the newsgroup that is listed does not even
exist anymore. At least that's what I'm told.

James

In case anyone cares to comment, here's what was stated on the "other"
mailing list in regards to this problem:

"The header wasn't there back when the newsgroup was functional,
but I added it in in the move to the current listserv software so if someone wished
to propagate the newsgroup they could. There was a bunch of folks that kept whining
about newsgroups and google groups and the like.

Clearly that email package does not conform to standards,
which I suppose is required by any package called Evolution.
Bottom line is, that most new species die off, not just dinosaurs,
and in the computing world there has to be really really compelling reasons
why something that doesn't follow the standards should survive."

James