Re: [Evolution] Send mail via Evol from other apps

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 17:33 +0200, Hans wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 10:15 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 15:47 +0200, Hans wrote:
How do I get other programs to invoke Evolution to send mail?
When using gnome apps and having the default mailer set to evolution the
programs using it (ie OpenOffice) just creates a new instance of Evol
without a new mail message?
What is the command line args for creating new mail in Evol?

From OOo2, when I File->Send->"Document as Email", Evo fires up
and creates a new email in a Compose window, with the .ODT file
attached.

Since you say that Evo is your GNOME preferred mail reader, what
email app have you defined in OOo2 Tools->Options->Internet->E-Mail?
Mine is simply defined as "evolution".

Thanks, didnt know OpenOffice isnt a GTK app?  What libs does it use
then, just for interest sake?

Ah, did the Tools -> Internet setting, new message now there, but no
attachment?

Time to ask the oo-users list?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

In 1929, when the Great Depresion hit, while all the other
tabulating companies retrenched, Thomas Watson Sr. insisted that
IBM's factories stay open and R&D spending increase. Thus, in
1935 when FDR signed the Social Security Act, and businesses and
gov't had a huge need for tabulating/sorting machines, IBM was in
position to dominate the industry, and did so for the next 45
years.