Re: [Evolution] Additional dictionaries ??

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.05.2006, 18:23 -0400 schrieb William Case:
My personal dictionary is in Open Office as Computereese.dic.  Is there
any way I can set up evo so that the composer has access to it.

i cannot think of any easy way to do this, because evolution only uses
aspell dictionaries afaik.
besides, the list of supported aspell language dictionaries is
hardcoded[1] in gnome-spell[2], which makes this even harder. you would
have to recompile gnome-spell.

as already suggested by ron i would try to merge it with
~/.aspell.en.pws. make sure you increase the counter at the end of the
first line by the number of lines you just added.

generally, imho evolution should switch to use enchant, which is capable
of having multiple backends loaded at once, including aspell. but i'm
not aware of anyone working on that.

cheers,
andre

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-spell/gnome-spell/dictionary.c
[2] evolution uses gnome-spell to access aspell dictionaries.

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de