Re: [Evolution] evolution stability faq

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:56 +0100, William John Murray wrote:
like this error this morning:
-----------

(evolution-exchange-storage:14260): evolution-exchange-storage-CRITICAL
**: e_folder_exchange_search_start: assertion `E_IS_FOLDER_EXCHANGE
(folder)' failed

-------
Can only start Evol again when killing all evol processes and restarting
them by hand.

It seems running the exchange-server and evolution-2.4 bins by hand
gives me better results.

And running from the command generates a whole lot of these:
-----
(evolution-2.4:14272): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_is_focus: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
-----
and other assertions that just makes everything run slower.

But yes its to unstable at the moment to have my dad use it.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

 I have much the same issues; only on Fedora-5. This is with Exchange 2003.
Evolution is essentially required for me, but it is too slow and
unstable at the
moment to have my son use it. :-)

I suggest you try Evolution and Evolution-exchange 2.6 packages which
was primarily a release focused on improved stability.  You can also
verify from the bugzilla if your particular issue has been resolved in
the last stable release.

Harish