Re: [Evolution] evolution stability faq

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 09:29 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 09:22 -0500, Bill Milbratz wrote:
Hi,

Evolution is a great product and meets a definite need on my desktop.
Yay!

But its crashiness makes it nearly unusable.  It's seemed to got worse
in the last few months; I don't know why.

Is there a faq on evolution stability? A wiki? Any such unofficial
documentation on keeping-it-running?

Thanks,

Bill m

P.s. I'm running 2.4.2.1--the latest on gentoo linux

It's probably a Gentoo thing.  (Evo on Debian is almost always
very stable, and probably the same on SuSE where it's developed.)

Nope, my standard out of the box SuSE 10.0 Evol 2.4 install is also very
unstable.
I think my problems is more the exchange-server module that falls over
every now and then, especially when doing some complex meeting request
with LDAP contacts in the Calender.
The exchange-sever and evol gets out of sync, I think?

like this error this morning:
-----------

(evolution-exchange-storage:14260): evolution-exchange-storage-CRITICAL
**: e_folder_exchange_search_start: assertion `E_IS_FOLDER_EXCHANGE
(folder)' failed

-------
Can only start Evol again when killing all evol processes and restarting
them by hand.

It seems running the exchange-server and evolution-2.4 bins by hand
gives me better results.

And running from the command generates a whole lot of these:
-----
(evolution-2.4:14272): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_is_focus: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
-----
and other assertions that just makes everything run slower.

But yes its to unstable at the moment to have my dad use it.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

E-mail Disclaimer
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm