Re: [Evolution] Offline copy of messages

On 5/8/06, Peter Van Lone <petervl gmail com> wrote:

As soon as I went off-line, I then went back on-line, and -- without
prompting for password -- evo connected to my exchange account, and
began synching. That's when I set the local download for tons of
folders and it is now ... busy doing that. We shall see if this speeds
things up in the long run ...

just an update -- this happened again just now.

I had been running evo for a couple hours, and it appeared as though
the process of downloading messages for offline viewing was 100%
complete.

then I lost my wireless connection, and shut down web browsers and
evo. Re-established wireless, brought up firefox and then evo ...
could not authenticate -- this time the error referred to the backend
process (not the usual password error).

But, I cancelled the error message, clicked the  button to go "off
line" -- messages available from july to november 05 ONLY (WHAT WAS IT
DOWNLOADING FOR THE LAST 2 HOURS???????)

Then, clicked the button to go back online.

Evo re-connected in the background (no prompts) and -- again, is
starting the "downloading new messages for offline mode" process ...
it says currently 17% complete after 5 min.

Good god ... what is this program doing, anyway?

Peter