[Fwd: Re: [Evolution] exchange connector]

Sorry, this just went to the original poster instead of to the group.

-- Bhaskar

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Bhaskar, KS <KS Bhaskar fnf com>
To: Andre Labbe <alabbe itlab co uk>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] exchange connector
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:56:16 -0500
Andre --

How did you get evolution 2.4.2.1-1 with Debian Sarge?  On my laptop:

bhaskarks:~# apt-cache policy evolution
evolution:
  Installed: 2.0.4-2
  Candidate: 2.0.4-2
  Package pin: 2.0.4-2
  Version table:
     2.4.2.1-1 991
        991 http://mirrors.kernel.org sid/main Packages
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org etch/main Packages
 *** 2.0.4-2 991
        500 http://mirrors.kernel.org sarge/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

The good news is that evolution 2.0.4-2 does connect to MS Exchange
using OWA (you have to use ximian-connector-setup-2.0 to set up the
connection).  The bad news is

1. evolution 2.0.4-2 periodically crashes and even more frequently just
hangs.

2. I have had zero success getting any more recent version of evolution
to connect to our corporate Exchange server, and no one has been able to
help.  Even if someone were to point me to guidelines on debugging, I
would be happy to follow through, but that did not happen when I asked
for help on this list.

Incidentally IMAP/SMTP access to Exchange appears to be reasonably
robust across all versions (but if all you want is IMAP/SMTP access, why
use a heavy weight mail client like evolution).

Regards
-- Bhaskar