Re: [Evolution] delete not reliable

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 13:31 +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 07:40 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
I thought maybe this problem would go away when I got a newer version of
Evolution (now 2.2.2), but it hasn't:

Frequently I will delete a whole bunch of emails, they'll disappear from
my Inbox (or whichever folder), but then, next time I open Evolution,
there they are again, back in my Inbox. What's the solution?

Are you shutting evolution down cleanly?
Evo tends to hold on to imap changes and batch them out - although I
think it is rather too retentive of these changes.  The only way to
ensure that all teh changes have been pushed to the imap server is to
quit the program.  Killing it does not achieve this - so logging out
without stopping evo would have the same effect.

Folder->Expunge (for one folder, also Ctrl-E) or File->Empty Trash (for
all of them) seems to synch with the server, though of course we can't
be sure it won't change in some future version since there is no
user-level spec for Evo AFAIK (by "spec" I mean a precise definition of
the effect of each command, also known as a reference manual).

poc