[Evolution] Problems setting up connector

I'm having quite a few problems trying to use the Exchange connector to
access my work email. I had it working over a year ago with our old
Exchange server, but trying to use it now I'm getting nowhere.

If I try to add the account from within Evolution, the wizard only asks
for my username. It doesn't prompt me for a server name at all, and
always fails when I try to connect.

If I use the ximian-connector-setup-2.4, I can get it as far as asking
me for the GC server name, but then it always fails. Running it with
E2K_DEBUG=4 I see the following towards the bottom of the log:

GC: looking up info
for /o=<snipped>/ou=<snipped>/cn=Recipients/cn=alexmalinovich

GC: Connecting to ldap://<snipped>:3268/
GC: connected

GC: ldap_search failed: 0x57

All of the <snipped> bits above were changed by me for privacy. They do
show all of the correct information. The LDAP connection is always to
one of the valid DC's on our network. All of our DC's have anonymous
queries enabled to allow them to work with some of our Linux boxes, so
there should be no problem connecting there. I have also tried querying
my username from the command line using ldapsearch and everything comes
up fine.

Looking around online I have found that ldap error 0x57 is
"LDAP_FILTER_ERROR". Unfortunately, that's as far as my knowledge of
LDAP can get me. I'm not sure what type of a query Evolution is trying
to perform, but I would imagine that the query is going through ok but
that filtering the return values is what's causing the error.

If there's any more information I can provide I'd be glad to help.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837