Re: [Evolution] Emails not showing

I am running on a dell Optiplex GX270 and Fedora Core 5.  I am having a
really strange problem where the inbox will show that I have some
messages, but when I click on "inbox" the messages don't appear.  I have
found that the only way around this is by stopping and starting
evolution every time in order to see the messages.

Three questions:
  Are you referring to IMAP accounts?
  Is the "pause" the same length of time as your mail-check interval?
  Is any other program checking your mail folders as well as Evolution?

I have noticed a similar effect and cannot be certain yet, but it MAY be
that the pause is related to server response time.  It seems like the
request is sent, the headers are received and then the message just
doesn't show up.  I have found that once I am in this "state", I can see
none of my new messages on any of my IMAP accounts until I either
restart Evolution or wait for a few minutes.

Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable can tell us if this is what it
appears: headers are received and displayed before messages, then a slow
(or confused) server leaves us waiting for the actual content to arrive.
Possibly we are waiting until the next mail-check interval where it
clears itself up.

I have considered the idea that my OTHER mail clients (I run three
computers together - all checking the same IMAP folders) might be
checking IMAP at exactly the same time and this may be part of the
condition.

If this is the case, then there's not much to be done about it.
Evolution still functions for me while I wait for the messages to
arrive.  Maybe colour the message titles in red or have a special icon
to show that they are "in transit" or something?