Re: [Evolution] Evolution & KlamAV

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 16:07 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I just repeated these steps.  The messaged saved is not tagged by
klammail.

I'm stumped then :\

Please try this yourself.  I'm using a standard OpenSuse 10.1 setup.  I
installed the latest klamAV from the Backports directory
(klamav-0.37.5.1.i586.rpm).  Try it with KMail as well.  KlamAV can
automatically insert the KMail message filter and you can look at how
this filter works.

This is why I reverted to using the clamscan as a *rule*.  Clamscan
returns a 0 or 1 result based upon a virus found or not and I don't need
the scanned message returned to Evolution.

This still does not solve how to prevent sending a virus infected
message (as the message is sent prior to the message filter) but it does
solve the incoming message filtering problem.

Tom