[Evolution] Junk, junk and more junk

I am running Debian Etch, and Evolution is 2.6.1

I am quite puzzled about this junk thing. I have recieved a fair share
of spam and marked them immediately as junk.

Following some of the recent threads about junk, I can only guess that
it is a matter of updating the folders properties when I see the number
of mail in that particular folder vary from 204 - 64 - 344 and now 250.
Changing folder don't cut it though. I have checked up on it after
system reboot.

This number is to be found in the Evolution tab of the Gnome GUI. Should
I want to watch the properties of the junk directory, it tells me that
there are no mail in there, and none of them are unread ...
Yet I see them as clearly as I see my keyboard! I have screenshots too.

When does the junk filter kick in? I have recieved a plethora of
identical mails which all are junk-marked. Somewhere I read it needed
350 mails first, but as that amount seems to vary quite a lot due to
when I reboot ...

Anybody got some light to shed on these matters?

Best regards, Wedin