Re: [Evolution] Outgoing Message Filters - Stop Processing

I am using clamAV with Evolution to screen incoming and outgoing messages.

Why outgoing?  Evo can't be spoofed into sending things like Outlook
can, so why scan it for viruses?

Using a Message Filter, I "pipe to":

      "clamscan --quiet -"

This returns a 0 or 1 result depending upon the scan result which can be
used by Evolution in a conditional filter sequence.

For Outgoing Mail, I have two commands which follow:

      if returns 1 then
      Move to Folder  > virus-infected
      Stop Processing

Using a test virus (eicar), clamAV returns a "1" and the message is moved
to the "virus-infected" folder but the message continues to be sent.  I have
also tried the "Delete" command but again, the message is transmitted.

Is there some way to stop the message from being transmitted in a Message
Filter for Outgoing mail?

No.  The filter is applied after the message is sent - it's meant to be
used to divert the saved 'Sent' message into different folders.  It's
been discussed on this list before.

P.