[Evolution] Re: gpilot sync works with local contacts, but not with LDAP contacts (Evolution 2.6.1)

Hello,

I didn't get any responses on my gpilot/LDAP Problem - anybody out there
who can give me a t least a pointer to troubleshooting?

By reading the postings on the list, I get the impression that quite a
few people successfully sync Evolution with LDAP.  Can one of those
maybe give me hints? E.g. what Login Method do you use, how does
eaddrconduit access the LDAP credentials, etc.  Are there any tricks to
sync against an LDAP server?

Again, I tried it with and without authentication, and in both cases I
get the "contacts needs authentication" message from gpilot, while
Evolution doesn't ask me for authentication (not at all with no
authentication, and only once with authentication).

Thanks a lot!

Michael

Michael Jastram wrote:
Howdy,

I got sent over here from the gnome-pilot list.  My problem in a
nutshell: I can sync my Tungsten with Evolution without any problems if
I use a local address, but it hags when I use an LDAP address book.
Running gpilotd on the command line clarified what was going on - but
didn' provide me with a solution:

michael aachen:~$ /usr/bin/gpilotd
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Pilot_Daemon --oaf-ior-fd=64
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 2.0.13 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.8
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Instantiated 1 backup conduits, 1 file conduits, 6
other conduits
gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronising pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 1000, name is Tungsten T, owner is Michael
Jastram
eaddrconduit-Message: pre_sync: Addressbook Conduit v.0.1.2
eaddrconduit-Message: contacts needs authentication

I am using openldap, and I configured it to allow anonymous read and
write.  I also verified that anonymous users can edit entries.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks,

Michael

--
Die Düsseldorf Java User Group bietet hochqualitative Java Fachvorträge
kostenlos an.  Vorträge finden alle  zwei Monate an der  Heinrich-Heine