[Evolution] Problem syncing Tungsten E2 with Evo 2.6.1

Folks,

I've just switched to Ubuntu 6.06, which included Evolution 2.6.1. It's
been a while since I've used Evolution, and I'm delighted to see the
memo function included. However, I'm trying to sync my Tungsten E2 and
don't seem to be able to get beyond "Idenfiying User." The process hangs
there until it times out. Dmesg shows the PDA connecting at ttyUSB0/1,
then disconnecting when the process times out. But no sync (or in this
case, initial transfer of data from PDA to Evolution). At one point, I
recall having to install evolution-pilot on earlier versions of Evo. But
that requirement seems to have gone by the boards -- or has it? Any
suggestions on what I should try next?

Best,

Pete
--