[Evolution] Upgrade leads to missing icons & no way to do folder shortcuts

Just upgraded my OS from RH 9 to Fedora Core 4.  This upgraded Evolution
from 1.4 to 2.2.3.  I tried searching for answers to my problems.  It's
not that easy to go thru the archive when you have to manually go into
each month.  Is there some way to search all the months in the mailing
list archive at once?

As a result of the upgrade, some of the icons are missing.  Running
Evolution on another machine that was also upgraded shows all the icons.
The difference was the other machine was upgraded by installing FC4 from
scratch whereas my machine was an actual upgrade.  I've been trying to
get the list of installed packages the same between the two thinking
that some package left over on my machine was causing the problem.  No
luck yet.  If anybody has an idea of what to look for, please let me
know.

After much searching, I did find a note mentioning that folder shortcuts
were removed in favor of component buttons.  I made use of folder
shortcuts and can see no way to recreate that functionality (I couldn't
find anything about component buttons).  Is there any way to create
shortcuts now?  Having to open my mail directory hierarchy each time to
get to a folder several levels down is a pain.  In Evolution 1.4, I had
different groups of shortcuts I was able to set up.  I would like to
recreate that if possible (or if there is a better way to get that
functionality, not would be fine).

Thanks in advance for any help given.
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam scan mc xerox com