Re: [Evolution] Outgoing Mail

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 00:46 -0400, Claude S. Sutton wrote:
Must be an error with the setup. My guess is when you setup, your
outgoing mail has a default SMTP server and it will not relay the
message if the "from address" is not within it's list of "allowed" email
addreses.

I am confused.

I can send from the old addresses.

I can send from the new address to the old addresses or to anyone else.

No one can send to the new address including my granddaughter who is on
a different ISP than any of the above.

I am using Alltel wireless and Shield's Up tells me that my address does
not have reverse DNS.

Some ISP's reject mail with that feature.

I am working on that angle next.

That still does not answer why my granddaughter's mail is rejected
unless the new ISP killed the mailbox because of the reverse DNS thing.

CSSJR

Based on the link Ow provided, it would be worthwhile for you to provide
the domain name of your new ISP. If no-one can send to it (rather than
you not being able to send out), then it sounds like their servers, or
the account information you have been given, have problems.

Regards,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support