Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashing on startup

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 12:44 -0400, Barry D. Hassler wrote:

Folks,

All of a sudden, evolution starting crashing on startup. I don't see
any error messages occuring. Using exchange connector for my mail
store, gentoo installation using the following packages:

evolution 2.6.1
evolution-exchange-2.6.0
evolution-data-server 1.6.1

Any thoughts as to where I can start looking? Having to use OWA as a
fallback.....

I have a problem in 2.6.0 where it hangs on startup, not painting the
screen correctly. It is a known problem, and the work-round is to start
Evolution with something other than the mail window (e.g. evolution -c
calendar), then switching to the mail window.

Not sure if that's your problem, as you were not particularly specific
with the detail you supplied.

Regards,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support