Re: [Evolution] How to make inline attachments work

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:38:31 -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 13:25 -0500, Jerry Criswell wrote:
I have found evidence on this board that inline attachments work, but I'm
not sure what version they were using.  I am using v2.6 and I am unable to
do inline attachments.  Can you tell me how to insert a picture in the
middle of a message?

  Well to create a message with an inline image, you set the format to
HTML and insert picture.

JC

PS: When I forward an email with an inline picture, it gets stripped out.

 For forwarding, I have found that if you set the options for forwarding
to inline and click the "Automatically insert smiley images" most of the
images do come through on an inline forward.  If they don't, I just
change the composer prefs to be an attachment.   I don't know of a
better way, so if you figure one out let me know.

I did find and change the setting for HTML, but that didn't help.  I mean
that it did allow me to insert a picture in the message but it was
stripped out when sent.  Is there a size limit somewhere?  I couldn't find
one.

JC