Re: [Evolution] Importing from Thunderbird on WinXP

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 10:43 +0000, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
On Saturday 14 January 2006 02:36, Michael Abbott wrote:
I'm running Evolution on a standard install of Ubuntu Linux.  I want to
be able to import all my Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail across from another
WinXP partition.  What's the easiest / safest way to do this?

Just copy the "Local Folders" directory from your TBird Profile and paste it
directly into your /home/.evolution/mail/local/ folder. It's as easy as that.

I just had a look at the two folders.  I noticed that some of the files
(like Sent, Sent.msf, etc.) exist on both the Thunderbird and Evolution
side.  Now given that I currently have some mail in Evolution (eg. I'm
typing to you in that at the moment) is this safe?  Or will this
override some of my settings / copy over the mail?

Thanks for the reply,
- Mab