Re: [Evolution] Zimbra has some nifty features -- possible RFEs for Evo?

Best, Darren

IMHO the Evo devs need to slow down with the features and work on
performance.  I've been watching the changelogs for the past few
releases and there are 50 new features added for every performance bug
fixed.

The 2.5 series does seem to be a bit faster than 2.4 so there is some
work being done in that direction, I'd just like to see more.

Lee

  And how right you are!

  I use evolution to connect to exchange, and it does that job.
That is really useful. But it is painfully slow. On my laptop
I have most folders marked for offline use, ~100Mb of stuff, and
it took 4min 14s to get to the point of showing my inbox jut now,
on a 2GHz, 1Gb machine, 500Kbit/s link.

What is more, the ethernet monitor only showed significant
activity for the last 45 seconds.

Thunderbird would start by showing the old messages, and update them.

Why is it SOOO slow?
          Bill