Re: [Evolution] Zimbra has some nifty features -- possible RFEs for Evo?

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 18:56 +0000, D. D. Brierton wrote:
I was just watching the Flash demo of Zimbra, a browser based
Email/Groupware thingy:

http://www.zimbra.com/flash_demo/flash_demo.html

There were a few features in the Flash demo that made me think, "Oh,
that's really cool!" In particular, some of the features in the "Data
Hover" and "Contact Hover" chapters of the Flash demo looked like they
would be nifty features to have in Evolution. Some of the other things
they demo Evolution already has, whereas others (like looking up map
info, or what they call "Data Mashups", basically things which connect
to web services of some kind) may be more appropriate for a browser
based application rather than an app like Evolution, although maybe not.
Anyway, its interesting to see what other people in the groupware space
are doing, and no doubt there might be some inspiration here for the
Evolution devs.

Best, Darren

IMHO the Evo devs need to slow down with the features and work on
performance.  I've been watching the changelogs for the past few
releases and there are 50 new features added for every performance bug
fixed.

The 2.5 series does seem to be a bit faster than 2.4 so there is some
work being done in that direction, I'd just like to see more.

Lee