Re: [Evolution] Upgrade without losing mail: is there a HOWTO?

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:43 +0100, guenther wrote:
I am ready to upgrade from SuSE 9.2 to 10.  I have never in the past
been successful at preserving my Evolution inbox, folders, and contacts.

I have been referred to the Archives of this list, but found no means of
searching this volumunious archive.

Is there a HOWTO published?  If not, would someone be so kind as to send
one?

It should Just Work.  Make sure to back up your .evolution directory
first.

Note: This is *not* sufficient, as has been posted here many times.
You'll need at least these dirs:

~/.evolution/
~/.gconf/apps/evolution/

But the .gconf directory only stores preferences that can easily be
restored.  All of the data that the OP wants to preserve (inbox, mail
folders, contacts) is in .evolution.

Besides this should just work, right?  It would be a grave bug if an
upgrade destroyed any of this data.

Lee