[Evolution] Resend: Calendar items do not display

Hello. I'm running the stock version of evolution and e-d-s that comes with ubuntu breezy:

evolution      2.4.1-0ubuntu7 The groupware suite
evolution-data 1.4.1-0ubuntu3 evolution database backend server

I recently installed beagle, and running beagled seemed to have somehow destabilized evolution calendar. I can no longer see any calendar entries in the calendar view. When I start evolution, I see the following error messages:

(evolution:27121): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_gc_set_foreground: assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed

(evolution:27121): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_gc_set_foreground: assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed

Adding a new event by hand doesn't show any error message, but that too doesn't show up, even though the data gets into the local calendar.ics file in ~/.evolution. Is this a known issue? What is happening? How can I fix this?

I tried to reset evolution data by removing the ~/.evolution directory, but the data is rebuilt - possibly e-d-s keeps a cache somewhere else? If so, how can I wipe out all data and start from scratch? If I log in as another user on the system, there are no such issues, i.e., the calendar shows up fine, so I'd really like to wipe out the data and retry, rather than install upgrades.

Appreciate your help and advice.

thanks,
Vijay