Re: [Evolution] Fwd: backup evolution-1.2 data?

hi alfredo,

Am Sonntag, den 01.01.2006, 23:43 +0100 schrieb Andre Klapper:
Von: Alfredo Rehbein <rehbein insa-medical cl>
An: ak-47 gmx net
Betreff: [Fwd: Support]
Datum: 27 Dec 2005 15:02:29 -0300
Mailer: Ximian Evolution 1.2.2 (1.2.2-4)

I'm a chilean engineer that works with Red Hut Linux, and Ximian
Evolution, Ver.1.2
I need to upgrade my Red Hut version, also my Sun Mycrosystem's Suite.

Thus, I need to backup my emails, but I have not been able to find how
to do it.

ok, after searching the archives, now answering my own forward:

the easiest way would be to "tar" the entire directory ~/evolution:
you can easily create a compressed file by using the command
  tar -cvzf $HOME/evolution-backup.tar.gz $HOME/evolution
you can extract that compressed file by running the command
  tar -xvzf $HOME/evolution-backup.tar.gz

in version 1.2, ~/evolution/config.xmldb should include the account
data, and passwords should be in ~/evolution/private/config.xmldb -
these locations have changed in 1.4, as 1.4 is a gnome2 application
while 1.2 is a gnome1 application.

if anybody remembers something totally different please correct me. :-)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!