Re: [Evolution] Will evolution send a certificate when asked for ?

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 14:03 +0100, Franck Routier wrote:
Nobody on this one ?
I am still having trouble sending mail via a secure Postfix smtp server.

My Postfix server is configured to ask its clients for a TLS
certificate, and will (or won't) allow relaying based on the client's
certificate MD5 fingerprint.
The Postfix option is 'smtpd_ask_ccert = yes'.

Is Evolution capable of sending 'My certificate' (optionnaly to choose
one signed by a CA trusted by the server, Postfix also sends a list of
trusted CA) to the server ?

Just my $0.02, if you enable a log level of 2 or 3 for the TLS logging
of postfix, postfix will tell you if the client supplied a certificate.
I don't have a clue if evolution supports something like this. Also,
it's next to impossible to debug by using tethereal/tcpdump because the
stream is probably encrypted.

I can imagine your desire for evolution to supply a certificate, it's a
nice way for authentication.