Re: [Evolution] Wrong timezone calculation?

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 10:53 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
[snip]
What he means is that all time zone info is obtained from the system and
is not held within Evo.  Perhaps "CET" or "JST" means something
different to the system than what you think it means - perhaps JST has
been defined as something other than Japanese time?  Perhaps your locale
setting has defined your local timezone to be something other than pure
CET?
I second this.. This has something to do with your locale settings.

[snip]

with the (10:14 GMT) in *italics* - I was trying to work out where in
the date header an oblique ("/") could be!

So this is really an evolution problem.

No, I wouldn't think so - Evo gets all the timezone info externally, so
it can only work on that basis.

The Timezone info is a part of the Date field in the RFC 822 message
that comes from the IMAP server.

IMHO, its the locale settings.

-partha