Re: [Evolution] OSX-like daemon for Evolution Calendar

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 10:45 +0100, Pieter Van Gorp wrote:
Hi all,
I just read about the Evolution Daemon on
http://go-evolution.org/Evolution_Architecture#Alarm_daemon

From my (limited) user experience, this daemon is only active when
Evolution is active.  I prefer the OSX-like behavior where some daemon
Not really. It is just that evolution starts alarm daemon (If it is not
started already), when it starts. You can start the daemon seperately
using /opt/gnome/libexec/evolution/2.6/evolution-alarm-notify. You can
add it to the startup programs, in which case it would behave the way
you wanted.
starts when you log in and ensures you're notified of appointments
even when your calendar application is not (yet) started.

Am I missing some feature or is this not implemented (yet?) on Linux?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Pieter Van Gorp.

PS: Evolution + Multisync kicks ass!  Bluetooth synchronization is
much faster than on OSX ;-)