Re: [Evolution] Paste not working in replies?

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 02:43 +0100, guenther wrote:
For some reason it appears that Paste does not work in Evolution, but
only when I am trying to copy something from a Reply. The scenario would
be that I am replying to a message, realize that I need to start over,
but if I try to copy and paste from one reply to another it won't work
at all.

does this refer to the body, to the subject, or a recipients field?
when pasting, do you use the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+v), the main menu
item, the context menu item or the central mouse button?

i won't test all those just trying to reproduce your bug, that's why i
asked. :-)

AFAIK all above should work, in any mentioned location. With the
exception of highlighting recipients and middle-click-paste for To, Cc
and Bcc. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V works here.

Works for me as it always did. Note though, taht I did not explicitly
test most of the above. But I am using all possible combinations
frequently... ;)

If it does not work for you, the only culprit I currently could think of
may be a combination of an old GNOME, X and KDE version, or something,
with a broken clipboard behavior. Just stabbing in the dark, though.

I've experienced this recently.  Can't think of a way to repeat
it now, though.

Evo 2.4.2.1
GNOME 2.12.2
X.org 6.9.0.dfsg.1-4

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly
around women. And I hope I never get into that."
Bill Clinton