[Evolution] Summary and folder mismatch

Hello,

I thought I just try to compile evolution again after some time. Still struggling with mail
basics, it seems.

Packages are

gtkhtml-3.9.90/
evolution-data-server-1.5.90/
evolution-2.5.90/

I work with the standard mbox mailfile which evolution is supposed not to
import.

On startup I get a

Error while Refreshing folder.
Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync

while on the invoking tty I get a

(evolution:21183): camel-local-provider-WARNING **: Didn't get the next
message where I expected (4025852) got 3408265 instead

Wiping ~/.evolution/mail/ appears to help, but this is just too awkward.

Same also on the stable release.

I don't want to migrate to MH; unless mbox works it's just not the right thing
for me. I am aware that evolution is "more than email", but this is a basic,
really.

Andreas