Re: [Evolution] lost contacts

Replying on-list in case this helps anyone else.

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 10:08 +0100, Nicola wrote:
Il giorno mer, 08/02/2006 alle 11.40 -0800, Greg Tassone ha scritto:

I don't have your answer, but wanted to at least give you some
background.  The directories you deleted contain the
settings/configuration for your Contracts (address books).  The actual
data is stored in your "~/.evolution" directory.

This is good news in that you haven't lost your data.  However, short of
restoring the configuration directories from backups, I'm not sure what
process you would use to make those address-books visible again.  I'm
sure one of the devs/bug-squashers will have some ideas for you.
Hi! Thanks for replying!
I have a backup of all the old .gnome* directories and I've searched
what you're saying: the result is that in .gconf_bk/apps/evolution/ I
have all my old stuffs. Do you think that a simple mv over the
new .gconf/apps/evolution can function?

Yes, restoring them should work fine.  However, before you restore them,
you must stop any running processes of Evolution AND gconfd.  This is
done by running the following commands, in this order:

evolution --force-shutdown

gconftool-2 --shutdown

Then restore the files/directories and restart Evolution.

HTH

Greg