Re: [Evolution] Evolution + GW7

Scott,

Where did you get Evolution 2.4.2.1? Is it available somewhere as a RPM
or SRPM?

Thanks,

On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 22:32 -0800, Scott Anderson wrote:
I'm using evolution 2.4.2.1 with GW7.  I does have some limitations, but for the most part it is
very useable.  Here's my list of works, does not work:

Works:

Mailer checks mail, notification pops up
Correctly scans all GW folders
Correctly scans for junk mail
Correctly applies filters

Contacts sees 'Frequent Contacts' and Personal Contact list
Sent mail automatically updates 'Frequent Contacts'

Calendar correctly downloaded and updated.
Can add non-recurring appointments with alarms
Can schedule meetings with other Groupwise users
Scheduler scans for open times for meeting attendees

Tasks seem to work.  Don't use them very much.

Does not work:

Mailer does not update sent mail folder
Contacts does not see Groupwise Global address book
Calendar does not show all recurring appointments (for GW, does for Personal folder)

Scott

--- James Richardson <jrichardson x-iss com> wrote:

Hi all,

Is anyone successfully using Evolution 2.4 with a Groupwise 7 server?
I'm using Evolution 2.4.0 with SuSE 10 and have found a lot of
instablity/crashes and a lot of things that "just don't work".

Is it even worth my time trying to get? I love Evolution as a client and
would rather use it than switching to the Groupwise client.... if I can
get it to work.

--
===================================
James T. Richardson, Jr.