[Evolution] Connecting to LDAP address book

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an LDAP address book, without success. After entering the LDAP server info in the Address Book Properties, I get an uninformative error telling me:

"Error Loading Address Book: We were unable to open this addressbook. This either means you have entered an incorrect URI, or the LDAP server is unreachable."

Any hints on how I can troubleshoot this issue?

TIA,
Karim