Re: [Evolution] Date Format in Mail View

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 11:42 +0530 schrieb Sankar P:
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 18:49 +0100, Veith, Patrick wrote:
snip ---
1. HH:MM
2. today HH:MM
3. Yesterday HH:MM
4. <Day of the week> HH:MM
5. DD. <Month>, 16:35
6. <Month> DD YYYY

This is quite a large list of possible formats, which does not suite my
requirements very well. So i searched the ubuntu user groups and tried
to find a solution in the internet for a more strict formatting (e.g.
only HH:MM-DD.MM.YYYY). Is there a way to change the format?

snip ---

You can create a new view-column, say absolute-date, and display the
absolute date (without qualifying the date) there.

The place where the qualification is done is in
evolution/mail/meesage-list.c:1458 (filter_date)

cu

Patrick

Cool, thanks this sound like the right idea. I will checkout and try to
patch the current cvs version. Right now i just updated myself on the
developer information to be able to keep in line with coding-style etc.

I will probably go for a YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM format as suggested by David
Oxland (I will also look up display in Thunderbird and look up the
mentioned ISO-Standard).

@David Oxland: If you can name the standard, this would be a great help.

(This will take some time so, so please be patient with me.)

Regards,

Patrick
--
Patrick Veith                      (patrick veith icb uni-due de)
Dipl.-Wirt.-Inf.                   (http://wip.wi-inf.uni-essen.de)