Re: [Evolution] can't send with ppp

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:40 -0500, Michael Klinosky wrote:
Hello.
I just installed Fedora Core 6 on a machine that uses dial-up, and it
seems like something is misconfigured.

That machine had SUSE 10.0, and Evolution was working fine. When I
booted FC 6 the first time, I tried to config Evo. I'm not sure that I'm
recalling the situation properly - just correct me if I'm confused.

I can't get it to send emails (smtp). It'll retrieve fine (pop). I'm
guessing that I mistyped the password. (I believe that a window opens
when you tell it to send emails.) I tried creating another account -
still can't get it to work.

It's not giving me a chance to re-enter the password. Am I missing
something?

Some details: Interestingly, I *can* send to another address on the same
ISP (different domain, so maybe it's a different server). Evo doesn't
give me a clue as to the error, so I tried Thunderbird: it stated
something about the relay.

Basically, I'd like to know if there's a way to make it think that it's
a virgin run. Is there a file to delete, or someway to force it to ask
for the password?

I am not sure if bad-password is the reason for your trouble. You can
choose to "forget passwords" from the File menu.

From your "sending email" page in the account-editor
(Edit->preferences), see if you have enabled, "Server requires
authentication" and see if the security settings and the Authentication
Type is properly set.