[Evolution] Moving Evo from one HDD to another

Hi All,

I have searched the archives for a while, and found nothing like my
request.  I have a 40Gb HDD with Mandriva 2006 and Evo has been my Right
Hand Tool since before version 1.  I have put an 80Gb HDD into my
computer now, and have tried to get my .evolution file to the new drive
through a USB Key with limited results.

Here is what I did:
$ evolution --force-shutdown
$ tar -cvf evolution.tar ~/.evolution

Which produced an 85Mb tarball, which I then extracted in the new drive:
$tar -xvf evolution.tar

Good news is, my Contacts came across intact.  Bad news is my pop
settings work but none of the mail messages in my local folders were
copied,and the imap settings for my netscape web-mail got trashed - no
loss there, however as all of my web-mail is still on their servers.

I noticed an enormous number of references to cache when it was creating
the tar file, is there a way to clear the cache? It seems like a huge
amount of data, which may not be of interest to me beyond a few weeks.

So the $64 question is, How do I recover my mail messages or how do I
get them onto the USB Key and off again?

I do not have a lot of room in my box so I am using a removable drive
tray, a slight variation on "Sneaker Net"

As I sign off, I notice that my signatures did not come across either.

Andrew Greig
Community Distributor, OpenOffice.org
Melbourne, Australia