Re: [Evolution] Two small problems: composer font and spell checking

hi alasdair,

Am Montag, den 11.12.2006, 18:10 +1100 schrieb Alasdair McAndrew:
2)  How do I get spell checking to work?  I've downloaded gnome-spell,
and an english dictionary, but the "Spell checking" pane of the
Composer Preferences shows no dictionaries at all.

Make sure you have gnome-spell >= 1.0.5, aspell and aspell-XX (where XX
is your locale, for example aspell-en for US English or aspell-en-uk for
British English) installed, depending on your distribution package
system. Evolution does not use myspell, ispell or the OpenOffice.org
dictionaries.
Then go to "Edit | Preferences | Composer Preferences | Spell Checking",
and enable the available languages.
Please also note that many languages (but not English) need gnome-spell
= 1.0.7 to be supported by Evolution.

You can also check gnome-enabled dictionaries by using gconf-editor. The
GConf key /GNOME/Spell/language should contain a space-separated list of
the languages you have enabled (i.e. "en-US es" for US english and
Spanish).

cheers,
andre

--