[Evolution] Two small problems: composer font and spell checking

Hi,

I'm using Evolution 2.2.1 in Suse 9.3.

1)  How do I enlarge the composer font?  I prefer plain text email to html - and the font I have is very very small.  I don't know how to enarge it, or from where its type and size is checked.  I've done a pretty thorough search of all the evolution preferences, and the gnome font preferences, but can't find anything yet.

2)  How do I get spell checking to work?  I've downloaded gnome-spell, and an english dictionary, but the "Spell checking" pane of the Composer Preferences shows no dictionaries at all.

And advice would be most gratefully received!

Thanks,
Alasdair