Re: [Evolution] Verizon XV6700 PDA/Phone

On 8/21/06, James Pifer <jep obrien-pifer com> wrote:
Anyone using a Verizon XV6700 PDA/Phone? I'm looking at getting one.
Being a Windows Mobile device with Outlook, does anyone know if there's
any type of integration with Fedora/Evolution?

I don't think I would want a lot, but I would like to be able to sync my
contacts somehow. Even if it's some sort of convoluted, several step
workaround...

I have one (well, the sprint version) and ... I despise it.

If you intend this device to be a phone first, a pda second, then you
may not like it much. Be sure you have the microsoft voice command
software (not just voice command that comes with the phone, that you
need to voice tag everything, but the full deal).

At anyrate ... I don't sync with evo, since my evo is backended by
exchange-it so my contacts sync natively using "activesync". To my
knowlege there is no mechanism to sync specifically with anything that
active sync cannot sync with.

Peter