Re: [Evolution] Palm syncing

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 09:40 +0100, Cornelis Swanepoel wrote:
> I've changed the timeout to 100.
> Now I can sync once successfully with evolution but every subsequent
> sync gets stuck at "Identifying User" again.
>
> Gpilotd-applet is totally unresponsive and I can't unload the visor
> kernel module as lsmod shows it to be in use by init.
> I've tried turning off and unpluggin the device.
>
> This means that I need to reboot my machine in order to sync again.
>
> Any thoughts?

I do a killall -9 gpilotd - then I restart gpilotd by going to
Edit->Synchronization Options in Evolution.  Then I can sync again.....
once more anyway.

I'm going to bump my timeout to see if that helps.

Lonnie Borntreger

killall -9 gpilotd does the trick, thanks Lonnie.
I would prefer not to have to do it after every sync though.

Any ideas?