Re: [Evolution] Palm syncing

--- Cornelis Swanepoel <rools ster gmail com> wrote:

It seems that the mailing-list archives are unsearchable at present so
perhaps this problem has been encoutered before.

I have recently done a hard reset on my palm pilot (Tungsten E) and now
evolution is unable to hotsync.

It gets stuck at the initial "Identifying User" phase after which I can't
even "pilot-xfer --list" without rebooting the machine.
I've used the "synchronising options" menu item in evolution to reset the
user and id on the device and also tried to set it back to the previous
user/id.

I am able to hotsync using jPilot and can see user/id changes reflected.

I've also deleted my pilot basedir and removed any files with names that
include palm/pilot in my .evolution dir.
Still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

This isn't an Evolution problem, but a gnome-pilot problem.

That being said, can you tell us the following so we can help you better?
- Distribution
- Version of gnome-pilot
- Version of pilot-link (pilot-xfer and other programs)
- Version of evolution (though I don't think that really matters at this point)

Also, can you run gpilotd in a console and show the output?

One common problem: if Timeout is set too low, then pi_bind() fails, and therefore you could get
stuck in the Identifying User stage. Setting the Timeout to 100 seems to work for many people
(this is a known bug).

I'm currently using a Tungsten E have been able to get gnome-pilot to sync with it reliably using
gp 2.0.13 and pilot-link 0.11.8.

Nathan