[Evolution] Possible to run evolution without gnome-settings-daemon *and have* icons?

ls,

  is it possible to run evolution without the gnome-settings-daemon?
Yes, you would say, but then I don't see (hardly) any icons. Why I ask?
I do not use gnome to login into my system, but ssh. Using a regular
X-server. No gnome in sight. Can evolution load a default set of icons?

MTIA, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
       \|||/
       (o o)                                             Just curious...